reblog and make a wish!
this was removed from tumbrl due to “violating one or more of Tumblr’s Community Guidelines”, but since my wish came true the first time, I’m putting it back. :)
OH MY FUCKING GOD, IT’S BACK ON MY DASH.
THIS SHIT WORKS OKAY, I AM DEAD SERIOUS.
The last time I saw this on my dash, I didn’t think it would happen, so jokingly I wished I could go to a fun. concert.
AND GUESS WHAT, I WENT TO A FUCKING FUN. CONCERT.
THIS SHIT WORKS, TRY IT.
yay its back.
I half jokingly reblogged this yesterday cos I thought it was a nice picture…
and was like oh wow I only get wishes on birthdays what would I wish for?!?!?! how about gainful employment L0L
… and like…
I have a job now? That I never applied for? That someone just called me up and said “here, have this”? In a place I really really like?
So like… h8ers gonna h8 or something
I hope this works!!! *wishes for another date from cute guy with his life together*
megatron in booty shorts that say “juicy” across the ass
wouldn’t they say “oily”?
I WANT EVERY SINGLE FEMALE WHOVIAN TO REBLOG THIS TO SHOW MY MOM THAT DOCTOR WHO IS FOR GIRLS AND BOYS.
C’mon! Let’s show her the power of the female Whovians!!! :D
HOLY FUCK THE NOTES.
HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THE NOTES
reblog EVERY TIME THIS IS ON YOUR DASH .
If you follow me and you don’t reblog this, we’re gonna have a little issue.
I will 500% judge you if you don’t Reblog
More people reblogged this than there are in my state??
More people reblogged this than there are in my COUNTRY??
when you scroll down the shoes are like a punch line to a joke you didnt even realize was being
Oh My God!
I miss these shoes so much. ;_;
Ah, it’s THE shoes! loved these shoes showing up in A Study in Winning, by JupiterAsh! Great fic and series! I didn’t think I would like the tennis part but wow. Seriously though, love…these…shoes!
Ah, hello, Person Of Immense Politeness. I suspect you’re here to talk about my OTP. Luckily for you, I’m in a good mood, so I’m going to go through this nice and rationally.
- Yes, as a matter of fact, I am aware of that. As it happens, I’m an English literature student, and have not only read all 4 novels and 56 short stories, but studied them in depth. I’m writing a series of essays on them at present, actually.
- Perhaps you’re unaware of other adaptations, so let me inform you that in The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, Holmes is gay, in Elementary, Watson is a woman, Moriarty is also Irene Adler and the series is set in New York, and in Basil the Great Mouse Detective, the characters are mice. Also, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle cared very little for Sherlock Holmes, and, despite claiming that ‘Holmes is as inhuman as a Babbage’s Calculating Machine, and just about as likely to fall in love’ in 1892, he later wrote a play, and when appealed to by William Gillette, who was to portray Holmes, for permission to alter his character, Doyle replied ‘You may marry him, murder him, or do anything you like to him.' HE DIDN’T CARE ABOUT HIS CHARACTERS BEING ALTERED.
- You are completely avoiding historical social context. In the Victorian era, MEN COULD NOT MARRY MEN AND WOMEN COULD NOT MARRY WOMEN. In fact, the Marriage Equality Bill was only passed in England THIS YEAR. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s close friend, Oscar Wilde, was sentenced to two years of hard labour which so severely damaged his health that he died 3 years later, because of UNPROVEN CLAIMS that he was a sodomite, i.e. homosexual. Do you know what was used against him in court? The Picture of Dorian Gray. HIS NOVEL. Because it contained homoerotic subtext. Doyle wanted to portray Watson as a heart in contrast to Holmes’ head, and as such, he had to be romantic. HETEROROMANCE WAS THE ONLY OPTION IN THE ERA IN WHICH HE WAS WRITING.
- MEN DON’T HAVE TO BE STRAIGHT TO MARRY WOMEN. Wilde himself was gay, and he was married to a woman called Constance Lloyd. In the Victorian era, marriage was nowhere near so much based on love as it is today - it was about money, power, status, convenience, all kinds of things. Now, I do believe that Watson loved Mary Morstan, but this context is important to recognise. Now, onto BBC Sherlock: in the 21st century, far more sexual and romantic orientations are recognised. Bisexual and pansexual men marry women. That doesn’t make them unable to also feel love or attraction for men. In fact, even straight people are capable of finding themselves sexually and/or romantically attracted to a member of the same sex. In any case, to quote Performance in a Leading Role:
'I find the concept of binary sexual identity limiting and improbable. As with all else about human beings, sexual responsiveness exists on a continually changing scale that is affected by a dizzying array of variables, so there’s no point in attempting to predetermine a pointless and ultimately confining label.'
- The writers were influenced by The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes and deliberately establish homoerotic and homoromantic subtext.
- This may come as a surprise to you, but I DON’T WANT MY OTP TO BE CANON. Yes, that’s right. I view Holmes (both in the books and in BBC Sherlock) as aromantic (see the above quote on Babbages Calculating Machines from Doyle), and as an aromantic person, and thus someone who belongs to a severely underrepresented group, I would actually be quite upset if Sherlock were written into a relationship with John or anyone else within the programme, but contrary to popular belief, it is very possible to enjoy fandom as a separate entity from canon. Yes, I enjoy reading fanfiction and looking at fanart in which Sherlock & John are portrayed as a romantic couple, because I am interested in what dynamic that kind of relationship between them would take. THAT DOESN’T MEAN I ACTUALLY WANT IT TO HAPPEN ON-SCREEN. Wow. Big concept, I know. Take a minute.
- Shipping makes me happy. Fandom makes me happy. Sherlock makes me happy. I think it extremely rude of you to come into my ask box under the cowardly guise of anonymity to try to take that happiness away from me (you failed completely, I might add), when it literally affects you in exactly 0 ways.
So, in conclusion:
You are ruining it for the rest of us.
All women who want to be respected for more than their bodies
Sounds like a personal problem
Excuse me but just because I sleep with multiple men doesn’t mean I don’t respect my body! I listen to my body, I feel its desires and its wants, and if I want a man I have him. Get over it and your one dimension views.